The appropriate category of room at the university dormitory is booked for foreign participants and those who do not live in Pilsen (upon request from the application form). It is possible to apply for accommodation in single or double rooms with shared bathroom and toilet facilities on each floor, it will be reserved for all participants in the university dorms as follows:
– for international students from Sunday, July 10, 2022 to Saturday, July 30, 2022
– for scholarship holders from Friday, July 8, 2022 to Saturday, July 30, 2022
The kitchen on each floor with a small refrigerator, a small stove, and a set of dishes. In addition, there are 2 kitchens on each floor with 2 stoves (each with 2 hotplates). Bed linen will be available.
The address of accommodation:
Zapadoceska univerzita v Plzni
Klatovska ulice 200K
301 00 Pilsen
You can register at the university dorms from Saturday, July 9 to Sunday, July 10, 2022 until 5.30 p.m. (scholarship holders from Friday, July 8, 2022). At the check-in, you will receive your room number, a survival kit (containing essential information for a visitor to Pilsen), your timetable and the daily programme.
At the check-in, each participant MUST PAY A DEPOSIT OF CZK 1500 (in cash)! This money will be returned back to the participant during check-out (in the case if you will leave your room without any damage). Should you arrive after 10:00 p.m., please go directly to the dorms where the front desk clerk (Recepce) will have a record of your reservation and room number.
Saturday, July 30, 2022, 11 a.m. at the latest
INTERNET AT THE STUDENT DORMITORIES
Free Wifi is available in the whole building.
Please, read carefully the OPERATING AND ACCOMMODATION REGULATIONS of the student dorm as soon as you move in.
1. The entrance to the dormitory Klatovská 200 is locked during To enter the dormitory you must show “Accommodation pass” (= card with your name and room number). You receive the Accommodation pass upon arrival at the dormitory.
2. By paying the refundable deposit of 1500 CZK you will receive a key which you keep for the whole period of accommodation. You must keep the key with you every day whenever you leave the dormitory during your
3. Every resident will receive a paper confirmation of paying the deposit, which will be kept for the whole period of accommodation. When leaving, the deposit will be refunded only under the condition of no damage caused and in exchange for the paper confirmation of paying the deposit.
4. The resident has full responsibility for their own. For the loss of the key you will be charged 1500 CZK. In case some damage has been caused to the provider’s property, these damages must be fully paid by the resident and the deposit will not be returned.
5. The UWB dormitory Klatovská 200 is locked from 12 pm to 5 am. Only the receptionist can open the main entrance door during this time. The receptionist can be reached by ringing the bell the outside.
6. Night rest 10 pm – 6 am.
7. Bed linen and towels will be exchanged on Monday 18th and 25th of The change will take place from 7 am to 9 am in the laundry store, 9 am – 5 pm at the reception.
8. All rooms will be cleaned once per week. Participants are asked to remove all items from the floor. If there are things on the floor, the room will not be cleaned.
9. Common spaces – corridors and bathrooms – will be cleaned every day.
10. The participants may use a washing machine, dryer, and iron and may request an extra exchange of towels and bed linen. The participant must have washing The laundry and drying rooms are in the basement of the dormitory. The keys are available at reception.
Fees for use:
Washing machine, dryer 20 CZK for 1 hour
Electric iron 5 CZK for 1 hour
Extra change of towels 5 CZK
Extra change of bedclothes 20 CZK
For every extra hour that you use the washing machine, you will be required to pay 10 CZK. Irons are available in the reception.
11. There are 2 kitchens, each equipped with 1 electric cooker, 1 electric kettle, 1 microwave and 1 fridge and basic dishes on every Participants can find dishes in their rooms. Nobody is allowed to take any kitchen equipment to their rooms.
12. The electrical voltage in the Czech Republic is 230 V. All equipment without a switch from 110 V to 230 V can be used only with an adaptor. It is forbidden to use such equipment without an adaptor! Any damage caused by the use of incompatible equipment will be paid by the participant concerned.
13. Any necessary repairs must be reported immediately to the reception at the dormitory or to an RT The reception will arrange for the repairs to be carried out as soon as possible.
Please lock the door every time you leave your room!
ISLS and SKM do not take any responsibility for lost or stolen items!
Notice: Flagrant violation of accommodation regulations will cause exclusion without returning the accommodation fee.
BREAKFAST – must be ordered in advance with accommodation
Breakfast will be served on working days from 7:00 am to 8:15 am, on weekends from 7:30 am to 9:30 am in the restaurant “Švejk”, Klatovská tř. 125, Pilsen – Bory; you will be required to submit the “Breakfast coupon”. These coupons will be distributed to foreign students who have ordered breakfast, scholarship students, TEFL students and foreign teachers. You will receive the “Breakfast” coupons on arrival at the student dormitory (Klatovská 200) or later at the ISLS Reception area, (Univerzitní 20). Breakfast will be offered in the form of a buffet.
LUNCH (10.30 am – 2.00 pm) – canteen offers lunch only on working days
The canteen (Menza) offers lunch from 10.30 am to 2.00 pm. You can also buy small refreshments in the canteen – fruits, pastries, drinks and more.
When entering the canteen hall, have a look at the glass showcase opposite the entrance, where you can see samples of dishes served for lunch. Dishes cooked to order are not displayed. The soup is not part of the price of lunch (20 – 35 CZK extra).
Each dish has its own number. Please remember the number of the meal you want. Get yourself a tray, cutlery and a napkin, found at the entrance to the canteen. Meal numbers are displayed above the serving counter. Cooks will give you your desired meal. You can also pay with a credit card.
The canteen offers one meal a day called “Today´s Special”. It will be priced approx. 100 CZK and marked in red writing on the electronic display board.
Also available are: salads (in a glass showcase), soft drinks, beer (bottled and on tap), desserts, pastries, confectionery, ice cream and baguettes, and packed meals (one portion). The salads with numbers 10, 11, etc. are meant as main course meals.
Everything you choose is paid for at the cash desk. “Sodexo Pass” is accepted (just be aware that the maximum change which can be given back is 5 CZK). You can also pay by credit card or in cash. Receipts are given out on request.
Used dishes should be left on the conveyor belt which is situated on the left-hand side round the corner in the canteen.
Dinners are not provided by the University Canteen. You can visit the restaurants listed below, which are not far from the dormitory. They have reasonable prices.
Klatovská tř. 125, Plzeň-Bory Web: www.svejkpension.cz Tel.: 377 423 377
SLAVIA RESTAURACE & TENIS CLUB
|U Borského parku 21 Facebook: „Restaurace Slavia“ Tel.: 734 650 390|