The appropriate category of room at the university dormitory is booked for foreign participants and those who does not live in Pilsen (upon request from the application form). It is possible to apply for accommodation in single or double rooms with shared bathroom and toilet facilities on each floor, it will be reserved for all participants in the university dorms as follows:
– for international students from Sunday, July 9, 2023 to Saturday, July 29, 2023
– for scholarship holders from Friday, July 7, 2023 to Saturday, July 29, 2023
The kitchen on each floor with a small refrigerator, a small stove, and a set of dishes. In addition, there are 2 kitchens on each floor with 2 stoves (each with 2 hotplates). Bed linen will be available.
Address of accommodation:
ZČU v Plzni, Správa kolejí a menz
301 00 Plzeň
You can register at the university dorms on Sunday, July 9, 2023 until 5.30 p.m. (scholarship holders from Friday, July 7, 2023). At the check-in, you will receive your room number, a survival kit (containing essential information for a visitor to Pilsen), your timetable and the daily programme.
At the check-in each participant MUST PAY A DEPOSIT OF CZK 1500 (in cash)! This money will be returned back to the participant during check-out (in the case if you will leave your room without any damage). Should you arrive after 10:00 p.m., please go directly to the dorms where the front desk clerk (Recepce) will have a record of your reservation and room number.
Saturday, July 29, 2023, 11 a.m. at the latest
INTERNET AT THE STUDENT DORMITORIES
Free Wifi is available in the whole building.
Please, read carefully the OPERATING AND ACCOMMODATION REGULATIONS of the student dorm as soon as you move in.
1. To enter the dormitory, it is necessary to show the “Accommodation card” (= name tag with room number) at the reception desk, which everyone will receive upon arrival together with the room key.
2. On the basis of a paid deposit of CZK 1,500, all guests will receive a key, which they will keep with them for the entire duration of their stay. The key is not returned to the reception every time you leave the dormitory.
3. The participant will receive a confirmation of payment of the deposit, which he will keep with him for the entire duration of the stay. Upon departure, the deposit will be returned to the participant only against confirmation of payment of the deposit and under the conditions that they do not cause any other damage.
4. Each resident is responsible for the key. For the loss of the key, the accommodation provider will keep a deposit of CZK 1,500. If the participant causes other damages, he/she pays for these damages in full and the deposit of CZK 1,500 will not be returned to him/her.
5. The building of the university dormitory is locked from 24:00 to 05:00. At this time, the main door will only be opened by the receptionist after ringing the bell next to the outside door.
6. Night time is from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m
7. Cleaning of individual rooms will take place continuously once a week. We ask guests not to leave things on the floor. If there is anything on the floor, it will not be possible to clean the room.
8. Common areas – corridors and common bathrooms will be mopped every day.
9. Participants can use the washing machine, dryer, iron and request an extraordinary change of bed linen for a fee. The guest must have his own washing powder.
The fees for the services mentioned in this point:
Use of washing machine, dryer: CZK 40/1 hour
Renting an iron: CZK 10/day
Extraordinary change of bed linen: CZK 50
10. There are 2 kitchenettes on each floor. The kitchen is equipped with an electric stove, kettle, microwave oven and refrigerator, as well as basic dishes. It is not allowed to bring kitchen equipment to the room.
11. The electric current in the Czech Republic is 230V – for devices that were not manufactured with a current switch (from 110 to 220 V), it is necessary to use an adapter. It is forbidden to use e. device without adapter! If there is damage to the electrical management due to the use of an unauthorized appliance, the participant is obliged to pay for damages from his own resources.
12. Report all necessary repairs and defects immediately to the dormitory reception or to one of the members of the MLJŠ Reception Team so that they can be removed as soon as possible.
Please lock the door every time you leave your room!
ISLS and SKM do not take any responsibility for lost or stolen items!
Notice: Flagrant violation of accommodation regulations will cause exclusion without return- ing the accommodation fee.
LUNCH (10.30 am – 2.00 pm) – canteen offers lunch only on working days – daily offer see here
The canteen (Menza) offers lunch from 10.30 am to 2.00 pm. You can also buy small refreshments in the canteen – fruits, pastries, drinks and more.
When entering the canteen hall, have a look at the glass showcase opposite the entrance, where you can see samples of dishes served for lunch. Dishes cooked to order are not dis- played. The soup is not part of the price of lunch.
Each dish has its own number. Please remember the number of the meal you want. Get yourself a tray, cutlery and a napkin, found at the entrance to the canteen. Meal numbers are displayed above the serving counter. Cooks will give you your desired meal. You can also pay with a credit card.
The canteen offers one meal a day called “Today´s Special”. It will be priced approx. 100 CZK and marked in red writing on the electronic display board.
Also available are: salads (in a glass showcase), soft drinks, beer (bottled and on tap), desserts, pastries, confectionery, ice cream and baguettes, and packed meals (one portion). The salads with numbers 10, 11, etc. are meant as main course meals.
Everything you choose is paid for at the cash desk. “Sodexo Pass” are accepted (just be aware that the maximum change which can be given back is 5 CZK). You can also pay by credit card or in cash. Receipts are given out on request.
Used dishes should be left on the conveyor belt which is situated on the left-hand side round the corner in the canteen.
Dinners are not provided by the University Canteen. You can visit the restaurants listed below, which are not far from the dormitory. They have reasonable prices.
Klatovská tř. 125, Plzeň-Bory Web: www.svejkpension.cz Tel.: 377 423 377
|SLAVIA RESTAURACE & TENIS CLUB||U Borského parku 21 Facebook: „Restaurace Slavia“ Tel.: 734 650 390|